Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Hosta Seaon Begins

After surviving last weeks late freeze and covering plants with frost cloth for 2 days and uncovering for 1 day we are now ready to ship. But.... thunderstorms and high winds delayed me yesterday. Still rain this am but will try to get 1st orders shipped today. Non stop now until mid June when things usually slow up. Still need to move mini hosta out of garage.

Monday, April 6, 2009

Hosta Freeze?

Covering hostas with frost cloth in 35 MPH winds today. Expecting lows in the mid to high 20's Tues night. Will move the miniature hostas in containers from patio to garage. It seems this happens every year.